I've done a bit of work trying to understand what SqueezeJS and
Javascript are all about, which has got me a quite nice wide screen 'now
playing' display running in Google Chrome.

I found a thread where Michael Herger may have kicked off the idea in
the first place  -
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeJSTutorial

There are some things I'd like to do with the display, but haven't yet
been able to figure out how to achieve them:

1)     identify the file type that is playing (eg flac, mp3) and display
it as 'codec'
2)     add a 'pause' button to the controls
3)     colour the control buttons to be black with text colour and size
to match the rest of the display
4)     display only the 'track artist', and not the album artist,
composer and other names that are returned by the code (which originally
came from Michael Herger's thread)

If anyone could point me to where I could learn the basics to achieve
these things, I'd be most pleased (not to mention, happily occupied for
a couple of evenings!)

|Filename: screen.jpg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14873|