paul- wrote:
> Let me look at doing a configuration file for commands.

That would be great, thank you.  This tool has inspired me have a more
serious go at integrating a pCP inside my amplifier.

I've been tweaking my PCB design so that it will connect to the RPi
either as a hat (should just about fit inside the official Pi3B case, or
remotely via a ribbon cable.  When attached directly as a hat, and
mounted behind the amplifier front panel, it will also give me a
convenient place to mount the RPi inside the enclosure.

Here's my current draft of the PCB.  The idea is that you'd connect each
switch to a suitable GPIO pin using the 'GPIO Pins' and 'Switch Pins'
pads, either by mounting rows of header pins and using jumper wires, or
for a fixed installation they could be connected permanently by soldered
flyleads.  the prodtruding 'tongue' would carry a ribbon cable connector
to allow other devices, such as a DAC, to be daisy-chained, or I might
make it a snap-off section so that the whole board fits entirely withing
the RPi case.
[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/RPi%20Board/RPi%20button%20board%204%20RPi%20size_512.jpg]

And here are a couple of photos of 3D printed mockup - the buttons will
sit a bit higher, on top of the PCB, so should end up just above the top
surface of the RPi case.
[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/RPi%20Board/Button%20Board%20mockup%203_512.jpg]

[image: