There are way too many command options to list, we are not limited to
the remote control commands, any CLI command can be made.   Go to your
web interface of your LMS instance, and then Press the help button on
the lower left corner, then hit "Technical Information", then hit "The
Logitech Media Server Command Line Interface"

The volume command that you want is

"mixer volume 100"

As for the Mode switch of the knob, anything is possible in programming
:)   But I would guess that with the RPi most would be using jivelite
and a touchscreen.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer