On 8/31/07, Marty Alchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/31/07, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]

> > If there are bits of Django that need to be fixed for Jython support,
> > please file tickets with "jython" in the keywords field; I'll keep an
> > eye on that tag and try to fast-track them into trunk.
>
> There are a few I've already run into, whose fixes don't affect the
> CPython execution at all. Leo's much further than me already, so I'm
> sure he has a bit more that will need to go in. I'm not sure if
> there's a way to streamline it given that he's already made the
> changes in his repository. We'll figure it out though, and you'll
> certainly see some tickets come in.

As Marty said, I've been doing some progress, detailed on
<http://blog.leosoto.com/2007/09/django-on-jython-what-ive-done-until.html>.
But I'd not rush with patches to trunk until we prove that running
Django on Jython is viable. As far as I've seen, some Jython bugs need
to be fixed before we have a chance of running Django without doing
ugly workarounds.

That's why I've set up a separate mercurial repository to do some
exploratory work. Anyway, if people here thinks otherwise, I have no
problem on filling tickets with the changes.

--
Leo Soto M.