On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 18:10 +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> I tried to open the following ticket but it thinks my IP is a spammer, so I
> am sending to the list:
>
> http://django-rest-interface.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/django_restapi/resource.py
>
> tries to set "request.method = 'POST'" in order to run PUTs through
> request._load_post_and_files() as POSTs as _load_post_and_files() does not
> currently seem to support PUT. This used to work, however current django SVN
> seems to have broken it. This breakage seems to be by design as the
> HttpRequest doc says "All attributes except session should be considered
> read-only." I am not the author of django-rest-interface but I am using it
> in production.
>
> Can request._load_post_and_files() be updated to support PUT also in order to
> fix this issue??

The current django-rest-interface approach was a bit of a hack that
turned out to pretty well so that we didn't need to change core at the
time. We should get around to adding PUT support to HttpRequest, though,
you're right.

I've created ticket #5682 for this. It's a really trivial change (you've
seen how simple it is in django-rest-interface), so shouldn't take too
long to fix.

Regards,
Malcolm