On Thu 04 Oct 2007, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 18:10 +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> > I tried to open the following ticket but it thinks my IP is a spammer,
> > so I am sending to the list:
> >
> > http://django-rest-interface.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/django_restapi/res
> >ource.py tries to set "request.method = 'POST'" in order to run PUTs
> > through request._load_post_and_files() as POSTs as
> > _load_post_and_files() does not currently seem to support PUT. This used
> > to work, however current django SVN seems to have broken it. This
> > breakage seems to be by design as the HttpRequest doc says "All
> > attributes except session should be considered read-only." I am not the
> > author of django-rest-interface but I am using it in production.
> >
> > Can request._load_post_and_files() be updated to support PUT also in
> > order to fix this issue??
>
> The current django-rest-interface approach was a bit of a hack that
> turned out to pretty well so that we didn't need to change core at the
> time. We should get around to adding PUT support to HttpRequest, though,
> you're right.
>
> I've created ticket #5682 for this. It's a really trivial change (you've
> seen how simple it is in django-rest-interface), so shouldn't take too
> long to fix.

Hi Malcolm

Aside from the BIGINT patch (which still hasn't been applied) I haven't done
much hacking on Django internals so it is not so trivial for me. :-)

I have been reading through ModPythonRequest, HttpRequest and
http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/jun/13/how-django-processes-request/ and
think I have almost got a handle on it. Do you think you will have a chance
to look at this soon or should I try to patch it myself?

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/