2007/10/5, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:17 +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:

> > > The current django-rest-interface approach was a bit of a hack that
> > > turned out to pretty well so that we didn't need to change core at the
> > > time. We should get around to adding PUT support to HttpRequest, though,
> > > you're right.
> > >
> > > I've created ticket #5682 for this. It's a really trivial change (you've
> > > seen how simple it is in django-rest-interface), so shouldn't take too
> > > long to fix.
> >
> > Hi Malcolm
> >
> > Aside from the BIGINT patch (which still hasn't been applied) I haven't done
> > much hacking on Django internals so it is not so trivial for me. :-)
> >
> > I have been reading through ModPythonRequest, HttpRequest and
> > http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/jun/13/how-django-processes-request/ and
> > think I have almost got a handle on it. Do you think you will have a chance
> > to look at this soon or should I try to patch it myself?
>
> I would encourage you to try it yourself.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard.. let me point you at the right place. Have a
> look in django/core/handlers/*.py for where we set up the GET and POST
> properties (wsgi.py and modpython.py). It should be as simple as
> creating an analogous thing for PUT and then altering the call to
> _load_post_and_files so that it only populates POST or PUT when the
> method is appropriate.

Hi malcolm,

I use django-rest-interface too and I have this bug which need to be
quickly fixed so I submitted a patch which need review on  #5682, let
me know if I need to do something else. I will add a patch for
modpython too when this one will be accepted.

Peter, you can test it too, it solves the bug with django-rest-interface.

Two questions:
* did I need to write tests for this new verb?
* did I have to do something in django.http.HttpRequest?

Regards,
David