>  I'm still a bit worried about the fact that, aside from Django being a
>  moving target and Python 3.0 being a moving target, WSGI for Python
>  3.0 is *also* a moving target; there still seems to be a fair bit that
>  hasn't been settled on how things ought to work.

That is the reason why I think this project *should* be a SoC project.
Python 3 being a moving target is a good thing for the project (although
certainly a challenge for the student). It's likely that problems are detected
in Python 3 in the way of porting applications such as Django, and
those problems can be easily fixed before Python 3 gets released.
Fixing them afterwards is much more difficult. So porting *should*
start before Python 3 is released, to simplify it, not afterwards.
(of course, the code should be released for general use only
after Python 3 is released).

Regards,
Martin