On Mar 19, 2:49 pm, Luke Plant <l.plant...@cantab.net> wrote:
> The hard work isn't the template tag, it's:
>
>  - tests (the existing ones are in django/contrib/csrf/tests.py)
>  - documentation
>  - converting the admin (I really think this needs to be done
>    before we can check this in, because we want to deprecate
>    CsrfResponseMiddleware and make it clear in the docs what the
>    One True Way is.

So, if the template tag wasn't hard enough to write, it's not helpful?

I'm not sure how I missed the tests, though. I think I was just
looking at the regression tests for the built-in tags/filters. I'll
add tests to my patch, but only if it would be helpful. It's not
really clear if you even want help, or you would rather I just stop
wasting your time so you can write it yourself.

I don't think it should be active by default until it's done
"properly". Why should it be the default now, if you have plans to
significantly change how it works in the near future? If I had a
commit-bit vote, I would be -1 on doing this now, and +1 on adding it
once the rest of the planned improvements go in.

-bob