On Mar 19, 3:42 pm, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <jacob.kaplanm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Bob Thomas <robert.w.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, if the template tag wasn't hard enough to write, it's not helpful?
>
> Um. That's not what I read from what Luke's saying.

That's what I read, though.

> Again, that's not at all what I get from Luke's message. I don't quite
> understand your hostile tone here; Luke's telling you what needs to
> happen with your patch before it can be checked in. This is how code
> review works: other people look at your code and give you feedback.
> That's what Luke's doing here.

I probably should have waited another few minutes before posting. I
was partially commenting on his latest reply on ticket #9977, which
left me a bit frustrated. (and, including that in this discussion
wasn't really appropriate)

> In this case, tests are not just "useful", they're *required* -- our
> policy (detailed at length
> athttp://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/#patch-style)
> is that tests and documentation are required:

I didn't meant to imply that adding tests was even optional. I said
before that I knew it needed tests, I just wasn't looking in the
correct place to add them. I was talking about the entire CSRF
feature. I was getting the impression that what I was doing was
counterproductive to getting this added to Django instead of helping
it along. If it's taking more time to review my patches than it would
take to write it from scratch, I'm not really helping.

> I'm sorry if you perceived Luke's feedback as a personal slight, but
> that's not what's happening here.

I'm trying not to take it personal, I was just getting the impression
that I was wasting my time on this particular feature.
Apologies to Luke and Jacob if I've offended either of you.

-bob