On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Waldemar Kornewald
<wkornew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
> now a little question:
>
> Some fields do type conversions. For example, TimeField converts
> datetime objects into time objects.
> App Engine doesn't support time, but only datetime, so should we do
> such conversions at the backend level or should we expect the field to
> handle it (esp. if it already has such conversion code)?

I'm unsure what problem you're having here. The backend needs to
return a type that the TimeField can turn into a Python Time object.
TimeField is fairly liberal in what it will accept - DateTime objects,
Time objects, and strings that express a time will all be handled.

As long as your backend returns one of these acceptable types, you're done.

> What's the status of the email backends ticket? There hasn't been any
> reply to Andi Albrecht's latest patch and comment.
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/10355
> This is essential for supporting all kinds of cloud platforms.

We're in the process of doing feature voting for v1.2. Personally, I'm
happy with the state of the patch, but there have been a couple of -1
votes for the patch, which means that some people still need to be
convinced that it's the right thing to do. Once voting is finished, we
may need to revisit this issue on django-dev.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)