On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
<freakboy3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current query_class will need to change slightly to support
> multi-db, so anything you implement against that interface will
> require some rework later on. That said, the fundamental approach
> (i.e., the backend tells you what class to use for queries) will still
> be there - it will just be used in a slightly different way.

In the SVN multi-db branch there is a modified query_class() API.
OTOH, on github it got replaced with SQLCompiler. Are the
query_class() changes already committed somewhere?

Why do you still need query_class() if you already have SQLCompiler?
If this is just about making non-SQL backends work then you'll need
some kind of backend-independent query representation, so
QuerySet.using() can be supported. That's exactly what we've already
done with QueryGlue, so maybe you should better reuse what we've
started and finish that together with us, so we all don't waste time
on refactoring everything twice?

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald