Does the commentators have experience with maintaining the i18n django
project? I do and completely agree with Jonas.
"Gettext like+Rosetta like" but database driven translation app in
Django adminwithout translation-makemessages-compilemessages-restart
apache would be helpful. Import from the gettext file (managed by your
standard tool) to db could be also provided.

Vaclav