> I think this is best done through a third party site.  Look at the success
> of DjangoGigs.  I don't know that there's a de facto place to look for apps
> yet, but I bet a winner will emerge in time.
>
> Tobias

The problem I see with that is that we clearly *are* standardizing toward
some third parties apps. Not strongly enough to commit them to contrib with
all the duties it implies but still! I don't think the doc is doing enough
to let newcomers have the best tools available for their Django development.

Or maybe we can go the Wiki route and display on the front page "ORM, cache,
elegant URLs, ..., plenty of third party apps [link to a wiki page]".

That way, there would be very little burden for the core devs and page would
evolve as the different tools emerge.