> I think ticket #399 could make it into 1.2, but there's a -1 vote (from
> James) to overcome first: Patch on the ticket (which is over a year old)
> indicates how easy this is to do yourself if you need it.
>
> The patch is no longer a year old, it's been updated a few times
> recently, fixing tests to get it to work on multiple backends for instance.
>
> Yes, it's easy to do yourself.  But to me this seems like an oddly basic
> type to be missing from the base, with enough users potentially wanting
> it that it deserves to be officially supported.  So I'd be willing to
> spend some time on it, but I don't want to waste time if that -1 stands
> in the way of checking it in.  James: how adamant are you on the -1?
> Would you consider -0 instead?
>
> Karen

We've fixed all issues (like incomplete tests and few bugfixes), so
patch is now ready to be included into trunk.

I partially agree with -1 vote. It is easy. What is against: Included in
trunk we address all backends (and it looks to be easy to maintain them)
and second point: we have some unit tests.
So finally I am more for inclusion than 'wontfix'.

Tomas (Permon)