On Friday 08 January 2010 14:12:56 Mat Clayton wrote:
> As someone going through this pain right now, this would be very
>  helpful.
>
> Mat

I don't know when I'll have more time to work on this, but I've
committed the beginnings of draft of docs/topics/db/optimization.txt
to my hg repos.

http://bitbucket.org/spookylukey/django-trunk-
lukeplant/src/tip/docs/topics/db/optimization.txt

It needs to be hyperlinked to all the right bits, and filled out.  But
it might be of some help to you in its current state.

If anyone wants to take this on as a mini-project, it would be
gratefully received :-)  I'm not planning on doing any more on this
for at least a few days.

Luke

--
"My capacity for happiness you could fit into a matchbox without
taking out the matches first." (Marvin the paranoid android)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/