On Mar 16, 2011, at 2:24 AM, Johannes Dollinger wrote:

> I would be nice if support for composite primary keys would be implemented as
> a special case of general composite fields.

It's appealing, but the reality is that no existing back-end actually has such
an animal as a composite field.  In all of these cases, what we're really
creating is a composite index on a set of standard fields.  Introducing a more
powerful index-creation syntax into Django isn't a bad idea, but we shouldn't
call it a "field" if it is not.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com