On Mar 16, 2011, at 9:13 AM, Carl Meyer wrote:

> I'm not expressing an opinion one way or another on composite primary
> key syntax, but I don't agree here that a Django model "field" must
> map one-to-one to a database column.

That's fair, but a composite index lacks some of the characteristics of a field
(assignability, for example).  Most DBs don't have functions that explicitly
iterate over indexes, so such a thing isn't really readable, either.

It might be appealing to have a models.Index base class that represents an
index on a table, and have db_index=True be a shortcut to creating one.  That
might be more machinery than we want just for composite primary keys though.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com