On Sep 20, 4:16 pm, Carl Meyer <c...@oddbird.net> wrote:

> Yeah, this is confusing in our Trac UI. The "accept" radio button at the
> bottom assigns the ticket to you, it doesn't actually do anything with
> the triage state. To change the ticket from DDN to Accepted you'd use
> the dropdown next to "Triage Stage" up in the box above.
>
> I'd be in favor of just removing that "accept" radio button if it isn't
> hard to do; doesn't do anything you can't do with the "reassign" option,
> just gets confused with the triage state.

In a vanilla Trac install, we've (my company) always had the person
assigned to the ticket hit "accepted" when he/she actually starts
working on the ticket. It is used to indicate that the assigned person
is actively working on the ticket. I'm not arguing it one way or
another with respect to Django usage, I'm just explaining what I think
the purpose of that state is in an out-of-the-box Trac install.

BN