I think there is sufficient interest in the idea of a "how to organize your
Django project" page in the documentation that it would be worth beginning
work on a patch for one, much in the way that the "How to contribute to
Django"/"Spirit of contributing" page got started.

That means:

  1. Opening a ticket for it if one doesn't already exist.
  2. Creating a wiki page to start crafting the text where everyone can
contribute.
  3. Writing an initial draft to get the ball rolling.
  4. Working with the mailing list to garner attention and consensus.
  5. Writing a patch in proper reST once general consensus has been reached.

I think there are going to be quite a few different opinions on this topic,
so structuring it in such a way as to provide "Common patterns" with pros
and cons of each would be a wise way to go about it.

All the best,

    - Gabriel