On 15 February 2012 23:57, Donald Stufft <donald.stu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.5 would work as well ;) Sorry I sometimes speak before I think things
> through,
> thoroughly. django.auth in general is something that i'm interested in and I
> want
> to try and improve to be more flexible, I just hadn't though of a general
> solution yet
> and a "easy" (code wise) fix appealed in a shorter term "provide some
> improvement"
> sort of way.

AFAIR, the last consensus was to get some basic schema alternation API
into Django (see the last GSOC), so that we can fix things like that.
So the general solution would be doing that ;). Just changing it,
helps new installations, but breaks old ones.

PS. Since Facebook started generating fake addresses, 75 characters on
the email field is also no good, so matching that doesn't solve
anything ;)

--
Łukasz Rekucki