2012/3/10 Łukasz Rekucki <lreku...@gmail.com>

> On 9 March 2012 21:10, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > 2012/3/9 Łukasz Rekucki <lreku...@gmail.com>:
> >> On 9 March 2012 17:46, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:

[...]

>  My point is that this kind of things change and we should have tools
> to deal with that. We already have the exact same problem with IPv6
> and contrib.comments, it's just people didn't noticed it yet as much.
> Doing this by hand every time isn't very effective. Django needs
> schema migrations.

[...]

The tool for migration can be simple as docs/release note or release
warning :-) ?

We change the database schema and provide the SQL scripts to migrate the 4
supported backends (sqlite, mysql, postgres and oracle). This script are
needed "only" for upgrade projects, new projects it's just a normal path.

Is that hard, inconvenient or bad?

In my humble opinion it's simple and pragmatic.

[],
--
Luciano Pacheco
blog.lucmult.com.br