Can I ask for one change this late in the project to the 1.4 release if
it's only the documentation for this bug? I'm hoping someone at PyCon might
be able to "sneak this in."

Can we add a note to the EmailField documentation that states that "The
default 75 character max_length is not capable of storing all RFC3696/5321
email addresses. A max_length of 254 would be capable of storing all email
addresses as defined by the RFC3696/5321 specification. This is not being
changed at this time to maintain backwards compatibility." I'm thinking the
equivalent of <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/ref/models/fields/>
would be a good place.

I know we aren't going to change any code for this release, as there is
still discussion on this, but I thought this would be a good start.

Thanks,
Joe Tennies