Hi,

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:34:54 AM UTC+2, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> I've a possible solution -
> https://github.com/funkybob/django/compare/simple_caches
>
> Basically, the existing API and behaviours are still available through
> get_cache, but you can avoid duplicate instances of caches using
> django.core.cache.caches[name]

As noted on the ticket (https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21012), I
think this needs some more brainstorming (preferably on this ml) before we
introduce a new pulbic API to access a cache. My main concern is: does it
even make sense to share the cache connection between threads? eg what
happens if two threads want to read a value from the cache, will one thread
block till python-memcached returned the value for the other thread?

Cheers,
Florian