On Sunday, 2 March 2014 03:56:13 UTC+11, Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> On 1 mars 2014, at 13:16, Christian Schmitt
> <c.sc...@briefdomain.de<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > I mean some pull requests are open since two years. Why don’t you close
> them, when they won’t apply anymore?
>
> Because it feels aggressive to the people who submitted the pull requests.

Isn't this preferable to seeming indifferent? I just opened a random
selection of PRs and about half had recent comments from core devs (or old
comments from core devs that were never replied to). The other half were a
mixture of "ping" and no reviews or comments. While I understand that core
devs are a limited resource, I feel a long PR queue could potentially scare
off new contributors.

> > It looks like no Core Developer is willing to clean them, etc…
>
> I did until I was asked to stop.

Maybe it'd be worth re-evaluating the situation? At the very least it might
be a good middle ground to tag PRs with "Requires Work" or "Not Ready", so
they can be easily filtered out from "active" PRs. On the other hand, there
could be a strange mix of Trac and the PR queue containing conflicting
information.

Just tossing out some thoughts.

Regards,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/1bd6ed8c-aa18-4879-b3f5-a820dd77192d%40googlegroups.com.