When Jacob and I originally drafted the CoC, we specifically included an
enumeration of some disallowed behaviors on the recommendation of the Ada
Initiative -- it was their view that the list helped to minimize rules
lawyering, whereby someone attempts to explain how they could not have
known their behavior was disallowed.

On reflection, I completely agree with their reasoning and am very glad we
included it.

Alex

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM, barbara.shaurette <
barbara.shaure...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As someone who has been the target of harassment at conferences (I've been
> lucky, only minor incidents for me, although the same can't be said for
> other of my female colleagues), I prefer explicit over implicit. If someone
> is a harasser outside the community, I won't feel safe encountering them in
> a conference setting either.
>
> That said, I trust the discretion of the core team and the DSF membership
> and I'll be interested to see how they decide on the matter.
>
>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9f89cb24-f572-444d-9723-386eb93e495a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9f89cb24-f572-444d-9723-386eb93e495a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFRnB2XfgpLy-zrb%2BSF%3D2Cz9KzErEWANYmtwmDCLn1xb8wS8yQ%40mail.gmail.com.