On 08-09-14 09:16, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

So lets see... anyone who has done any of the following completely
outside the context of the Django community or forums is now not welcome
to participate:

You mention a number of things you aren't allowed to ever have done somewhere else in your life. "He who's innocent is allowed to throw the first stone", you might say.

What is the intention of the change-in-wording? My guess is as follows. I remember reading some harrasment blog post two years ago. In which someone blatantly misbehaved in a bar during a conference. Nothing was done from the conference's side because it was after conference hours in a non-at-the-conference bar and not at a conference-sponsored event.

To my eyes, the change of wording in the pull request only *intends* to put a stop to the it-was-in-a-random-bar-and-not-at-the-official-django-conference excuses.

Reading the entire thread, it doesn't seem like the intention is to start a full-out thought police. In your opinion, wouldn't this mailinglist thread be enough of a safeguard against unwanted use of the pull request?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                          http://reinout.vanrees.org/
rein...@vanrees.org                   http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/