The description of that project needs to be updated as I don't think it
accurately reflects a direction we want to go.  A goal might be the ability
to use django.forms without the rest of Django, but there's no need to
break django.forms into a separate repository to make this possible. In
fact, doing so would probably create a lot of chaos. For example, if a
change requires modifying both django/forms/forms.py and
django/forms/models.py, then it would require coordinating two patches in
two separate repositories and how you can you run CI on that combination of
pull request? Similar issues with removing other parts like django.utils.

So if one of your project's goals is to allow using django.forms without
the rest of Django, then for your proposal you need to research what the
current obstacles are for doing so (dependency on settings, for example),
and then explain the solution you will implement to allow this.

I don't think there's strong or desire to remove any of the current contrib
apps (some have already been removed recently).

By the way, have you contributed to Django before? Your odds of acceptance
are greatly enhanced if you have a track record of producing good patches
(and it will also help you write a better proposal, I think).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/25e8f58e-9b1b-4f20-bdb1-647244eb0d1a%40googlegroups.com.