"Force" or "nudge" to upgrade pip? i.e. should Django not install with pip
< some version? That seems controversial.

Is the "man-page of pycompile you can exclude certain packages" suggestion
some change we should make in Django? As long as we have some solution to
avoid support queries about this problem, I don't care which one we choose.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0ac2d962-95f9-491a-8b8b-e37646109d61%40googlegroups.com.