Hello Aymeric --

Yes indeed, I misunderstood.  Thank you for lining things out for me.
Loosely, the group I am talking about is the group of a couple thousand who
completed that survey in the first 48 hours.  It would be great to know why
a lot of those ~2000 folks feel so stongly and positive about the
documentation.  I don't know how to organize this.  With all due respect, I
was hoping the mechanism you outlined could kick-in to facillitate this.

As for other thread in my proposal
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_analysis>, the way I would approach
this would be on a foundation of the mass media research of Phillip
Palmgreen with 'uses and gratification' theory which is rooted deeply in
Fishbein's 'expectancy-value' theory with perhaps some Charles Osgood
thrown in for good measure.  All this stuff is from the eighty's --
possibly somewhat out-of-date.  So, you are a mathematician, huh?  How are
your statistics?

And this might be some kind of non sequitur, but in any case, I looked at
the text files from GitHub that comprise our published documentation.  I am
attaching two files.  One is a list of words used 50 or more times.  I
don't know how words like 'youll' made it in there, but a lot of these
words are good candidates for the Glossary.  Also, enclosed is another file
listing the file sources for these words.

Thanks again,

On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 4:51:15 AM UTC-5, Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> On 2 janv. 2016, at 05:48, Doug Epling <wmdoug...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > First is, has been, a discussion open for spectators but limited
> participants to core members.  Asside from its subject pertaining current
> state and future path, all other details are above my pay grade.
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> I’m afraid there’s a misunderstanding of how this community operates.
>
> "Team members” — we de-emphazised the “core dev” terminology in 2014
> because it over-valued writing code — are people who have made consistent,
> constructive contributions to Django, usually starting small and then
> moving on to more ambitious projects. Albeit slow, this process is the best
> way we have found for new contributors to gain trust from existing
> contributors.
>
> There needs to be some mechanism to give a consistent direction to the
> Django project. Currently we have two layers of decision: community
> consensus and technical board arbitration vote. Obviously voices of team
> members matter more in community discussions. We hope that’s because of
> their experience with Django and the quality of what they say, not just
> because they carry a “team member” flag. Arbitration votes almost never
> happen. (There was only one, ever, to drop support for IE8 from the admin.)
>
> In practice, team members tend to have busy professional lives outside of
> Django. This has stalled many projects in the past. For this reason we
> structured our organization in order to empower community members as much
> as possible and to require as little input from the Django team as
> possible.
>
> We wouldn’t find a core-only conversation nearly as useful as a
> community-wide discussion. Perhaps that’s why core panels have fallen out
> of fashion at DjangoCons during the last couple of years. And we definitely
> don’t want contributors to censor themselves because of perceived pay
> grade.
>
> The only pre-requisite to tackling massive projects such as “let’s
> restructure the whole documentation” is to have built enough trust from the
> current team for everyone to know that you will complete it in good
> conditions. Building that trust requires completing successfully small
> projects, then increasingly large ones. Team membership may be offered at
> some point in that process.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> --
> Aymeric.