I'll try and update my library over the next couple of days to also support
regex fragments and converters supporting parameters.

Another part I see is that the high coupling between Django and the URL
resolvers (as mentioned in
http://sjoerdjob.com/post/is-djangos-url-routing-tightly-coupled/ ) should
probably be cleaned up, if it is desired to someday support alternative URL
resolvers. I'm willing to provide a patch for the checking part, but I'm
not sure if it would be accepted. Do I need to open a ticket for that?

Kind regards,
Sjoerd Job

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7250a6ba-eb3f-4549-95a4-933367117a5d%40googlegroups.com.