I never really liked the idea of using VirtualEnv or HomeBrew over the default
installation in Mac OS.  (FreeBSD has the same naming issues).

Having beginners use VirtualEnv or HomeBrew always struck me as a huge obstacle
to getting a beginners Django developer's environment operational, as well as
being a huge pain-in-the-ass of always setting VirtualEnvs for each shell.  So,
I personally don’t use them anymore, and just use the base system now.

I wish there was a process of running Django out-of-the-box from a default Mac
OS install.

-bobby

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/AF1F8F57-9E1D-47D5-A655-A86F60E2969F%40gmail.com.