Hi

     I don't agree that the Oracle back-end is poor implemented (I probably
should not treat this personally 😀). It is as well maintained as any other
back-end that is in the core. We don't have much more open tickets in the
Oracle back-end then in others and IMO it is easier to maintain it in the
core.

>    - *Technical:*
>       - *Oracle does not support may features*
>       - *due to its lack of features, a lot of edge case handling to the
>       base database backend which drives overall complexity*
>
> Just like SQLite or MySQL I don't think that we should leave only
PostgreSQL in the core 😀.

>    - Development:
>       - Oracle does not run in the regular CI suite, in fact master is
>       broken right now
>
> I don't see any failures in djangoci.com. Maybe you use an unsupported
version of Oracle?

Best
Mariusz

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b5260d36-c698-4e3f-bf28-4d7c425d691e%40googlegroups.com.