Johannes Hoppe <i...@johanneshoppe.com> kirjoitti ma 26. marrask. 2018 klo
11.05:

> On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 9:49:46 AM UTC+1, Florian Apolloner wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I personally agree with Mariusz here. Oracle might have it's own quirks,
>> but the same could be said for any database. Taking my experience with the
>> ORM into account I do not think that Oracle requires much more work (if at
>> all) than any other database. I think in the end it does not matter whether
>> one works around the limitations/features of Oracle or MySQL. All in all I
>> think having Oracle is a good thing because databases like MSSQL and
>> Informix/DB2 quite often behave similar to Oracle and just narrowing the
>> core scope to MySQL/Pg/Sqlite might lead to a kind of tunnel vision.
>>
>> Granted, Oracle might be a bit harder to install; but with the developer
>> VMs and docker containers that argument doesn't really hold either imo.
>>
> There is not official container and the one you can build from their repo,
> didn't work for me. Furthermore you need to register with oracle and give
> them your Phone number, just to download the python library bindings. So it
> is somewhat harder than others ;)

I've very successfully built docker images from Oracle official repo
without any major problems.

Also since cx_Oracle 6 you can build db api bindings without oracle sdk
libraries with simple pip install. Using those though requires client libs.

Not sure about registration process and is it needed for instant client or
xe version.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAHn91ocaJHSSNKM2NB_PAEHude1vyb2apS0n3L9-E-vJecmvsQ%40mail.gmail.com.