Hi,

I personally agree with Mariusz here. Oracle might have it's own quirks,
but the same could be said for any database. Taking my experience with the
ORM into account I do not think that Oracle requires much more work (if at
all) than any other database. I think in the end it does not matter whether
one works around the limitations/features of Oracle or MySQL. All in all I
think having Oracle is a good thing because databases like MSSQL and
Informix/DB2 quite often behave similar to Oracle and just narrowing the
core scope to MySQL/Pg/Sqlite might lead to a kind of tunnel vision.

Granted, Oracle might be a bit harder to install; but with the developer
VMs and docker containers that argument doesn't really hold either imo.

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e15e8a55-f946-4633-90a6-d64fac714265%40googlegroups.com.