I once created a simple ascii diagram to explain details of the Django ORM:

    https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27936

Years ago it took some time for me to understand it. And since then it
came up by new comers in our team several times.

There is agreement on the goal: yes, a visual diagrams in the docs would be
nice.

But there is no agreement on the strategy.

I think ascii art is fine. Some suggest to use a graphiz plugin in for
sphinx.

There is no progress because there is no clear consensus up to now.

I do not care for the strategy, I care for the goal.

How to find clear consensus now?

Regards,
   Thomas G├╝ttler

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/2f6f3c4e-44cf-4b35-bb09-751828cc4921%40googlegroups.com.