The preferred way for this kind of scenario is to make a third party
package. This let you release new version faster than the Django
development cycle and it's super easy to install thanks to tools like pip.

Once your solution is stable, if it's popular enough, it could be
incorporated into Django.

I'm really curious how you want to do it. I thought there was no other way
to skip some row in an SQL query

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018, 13:15 Saleem Jaffer <ssaleem1...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The default paginator that comes with Django is inefficient when dealing
> with large tables. This is because the final query for fetching pages uses
> "OFFSET" which is basically a linear scan till the last index of the
> current page. Does it make sense to have a better paginator which does not
> use "OFFSET".
>
> If this sounds like a good idea, I have some ideas on how to do it and
> with some help from you guys I can implement it.
>
> Saleem

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/020f66e0-ec58-47e2-be0b-00c3f1688c5b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/020f66e0-ec58-47e2-be0b-00c3f1688c5b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAEuG%2BTar6iM5sctRSyPkOHtmL7u9pM%3D01bUvWn%2BZEeQHZsk2fg%40mail.gmail.com.
  • A... Saleem Jaffer
    • ... ludovic coues
      • ... Jason Johns
        • ... Adam Johnson
    • ... Curtis Maloney
      • ... Josh Smeaton
    • ... Kye Russell
      • ... Dan Davis
        • ... Adam Johnson
    • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)