It might also be worth looking at the alternative pagination methods
offered by Django REST Framework as a source of inspiration.

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:15:22 PM UTC+8, Saleem Jaffer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The default paginator that comes with Django is inefficient when dealing
> with large tables. This is because the final query for fetching pages uses
> "OFFSET" which is basically a linear scan till the last index of the
> current page. Does it make sense to have a better paginator which does not
> use "OFFSET".
>
> If this sounds like a good idea, I have some ideas on how to do it and
> with some help from you guys I can implement it.
>
> Saleem

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0f431ffc-5ebf-4703-9e01-91240007c154%40googlegroups.com.
  • A... Saleem Jaffer
    • ... ludovic coues
      • ... Jason Johns
        • ... Adam Johnson
    • ... Curtis Maloney
      • ... Josh Smeaton
    • ... Kye Russell
      • ... Dan Davis
        • ... Adam Johnson
    • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Cristiano Coelho
      • ... Tim Allen
        • ... Tom Forbes