While reading this thread https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19649 came
to mind. I think most (if not all) from there basically is the same issue,
even though that one just concerns itself with the Cookie header.

I do not agree that request.headers is __now__ the single place for
accessing headers, that still seems to be request.META. So in that sense
every argument for fixing this should probably not rely on request.headers,
at least not as long as we still have headers in request.META.

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/74b43034-bfcb-4cd2-9404-4a098fc4d315%40googlegroups.com.