Hi All, it's the first time for me in this ml,

I'd like to purpose a refactor of django.utils.dateparse functions.
Currently a function in it, like parse_date for example, extract date time
string with a static regexp...

https://docs.djangoproject.com/pl/2.1/_modules/django/utils/dateparse/

The first time I used It I thought that those functions parses date, time
and date time, according to settings.py definitions like
DATETIME_INPUT_FORMATS, but It was not this way... Then I read the code.

Wouldn't It better to use settings.py definitions to manage these formats
and django.utils.dateparse behaviour?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CABms%2BYpGtCQ1yzVfGtRKpDv60-4oH_SyGpPQYR6j1cR%2BL5LFRA%40mail.gmail.com.