That makes sense, but in this case we are only talking about potentially
yielding control of the docs subdomain which is not used to serve sensitive
build artefacts?

Another option is fastly.com, who support other large open source projects
for free. They essentially give you geographically distributed HAProxy
instances and you have a lot more control over them. I believe several
large Linux distributions use them to serve cached apt packages.

Regarding TLS termination, unfortunately any CDN we use will likely need to
do this for the whole domain to get any benefit. The Django docs are
text/html heavy with very few, if any, images. So the real speed benefit
will have to come from serving that, which requires TLS termination (and
therefore interception) at their end.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFNZOJOpXjJEgq4iEEaiZqYzQDc9XwZ8Jba4-RP2-Lahr7jOgQ%40mail.gmail.com.