Back to this issue for the DjangoCon EU sprints...

James' objection about the inclusion testing needed for validation
seems moot, because validation can be done by conversion to the enum
type (as noted by Tom).

Raphael's warning about the woes of translation are already handled by
the suggested implementation -- because it isn't the enum value that
we make translatable, but rather an attribute on it.

I should point that the suggested implementation uses IntEnum and
StrEnum. The Python documentation recommends against using these,
except in the case that one needs to account for compatibility with an
existing protocol -- which, I submit to you, is exactly our case (the
"protocol" being the types available for database fields).

As a reminder, the relevant links are:

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27910
https://github.com/django/django/compare/master...shaib:ticket_27910?expand=1

Thanks,