> I'm not sure but for me the "What is Django" section answers the question.
> For me Django is full of philosophy that seeds a great ecosystem of apps of
> all sorts with a growing user base nonetheless, and a bunch of brilliant
> hackers to look up to and inspire for more. Of course if you're into fixing
> a particular technical issue such as "I want to make an efficient GraphQL
> server", then even Django works even if it's not necessarily the most fit
> for X reason. But for "I want to get a web page going with some forms and a
> database and see where that goes" then Django is definitely enjoyable, and
> at this point in time where tons of more sophisticated frameworks are born
> it's clear that Django is still in the game and will be for the next 10
> years. So, why not also get more features out of it while we've not been
> abandoned by all the talented contributors ? It's not because we like
> Django that we cant haz nice things ;)

I'm arguing the opposite, that by limiting the scope of the MVP to
asynchronous views (even if middleware stays synchronous for now) and using
an existing ORM we can make Django a viable solution for many new
applications. And some of them don't need the full stack.

I'd go as far as arguing that fewer and fewer applications benefit from
Django providing all of the pieces (as many new applications only implement
an API and render in the client) so treating them all as blockers here may
not be beneficial.

Best regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/314d7b71-1bf1-441b-ae49-e4fbeb5e1891%40googlegroups.com.