In one project I really enjoyed using channels just as a background worker
instead of celery, and the DEP does not talk much in the Email section: use
the async variant, can be tackled separately, low priority.

For now the ORM works, but if sending an email fails (ie. SMTP down) it
will raise an exception that can end up in a 500 error, it would be great
if Django could retry so that emails leave when its SMTP is up again, would
that maybe weight in priority ?

Also, you would probably like to view the queue in the admin, maybe make an
unmanaged Model for tasks. So, as simple as Email would look like, I think
efforts in it could benefit in a much wider way too.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAC6Op18rkxnz04hVciJs_pHEvmfG2ir_bMafPaYQ7d9HGTJhoQ%40mail.gmail.com.