> I am also not a fan of the approach, but I did err towards being explicit.
> Jannis suggested what I think might be a nicer approach on Twitter, which
> is to add an async "proxy object" to access methods with, e.g.:
>
> cache.get("foo")
> cache.async.get("foo")
>
> This is still explicit but looks less ugly, and gives us a way in future
> to make some modules transition to async-by-default (by e.g. supplying
> cache.sync.get). What do you think?

I think I'd personally prefer to have to do `from django.asyncore.cache
import cache` and if the synchronous cache raised an exception when
attempting to use it with an event loop active. Like Aymeric, I don't see
myself mixing async and sync code within one module.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d2c879cb-fad7-4e56-a1d9-1a31d5134e96%40googlegroups.com.