Hello,

Am 25.06.20 um 19:51 schrieb Kit La Touche:
> […] Once we see how this gets used, we can see about passing it a file
> instead of `os.environ`, […]

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the advantage of this (and env
vars) over this:

In project_dir/project_dir:

settings.py
localconfig.example
localconfig.py

settings.py is the normal settings file.
localconfig.example is an example file for a local configuration, kept in
version control.
localconfig.py is a customized copy of localconfig.example, not kept in version
control.

localconfig.example and localconfig.py would contain e.g.:

DEBUG = False
SECRET_KEY = '1234'
# ...

and in settings.py: