Hallo Etienne.

System Python and system python modules are provided for all system
applications written in Python (made compatible with distributed
python+modules versions).

Of course you can use it for your applications too, however you have no
control over system upgrades. After a system upgrade you must always check
which python modules were upgraded, and then make sure that ALL YOUR PYTHON
APPS are still compatible with new versions. Maybe you can just say "ok, my
tests have still passed", however I'm not sure that this is very liable.

With Virtualenv you run always your application(s) so as you have them
developped and debugged. You can upgrade versions only when YOU DECIDE TO

And Virtualenv is so easy today with Python 3! No installation at all:

python3 -m venv ve_application/
. ve_application/bin/activate

That's definitely all.
And you can generate the requirements file: pip freeze > requirements.txt
And you can reinstall all dependencies into a new environment with single
command: pip install -r requirements.txt