Thank you, I meant urls.py. APPEND_SLASH = False so I omitted the
trailing slash from the regex line:

r'^find/(?P<url>[-\w]+)$

and if I pull up the address:

http://mydomain.com/find/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2F

I still get

Not Found

The requested URL /find/http://www.wired.com/ was not found on this
server.

I did figure out how to decode the URL in python using unquote_plus(),
but I cannot figure out this problem.