also sprach Dougal Matthews <douga...@gmail.com> [2009.05.23.1823 +0200]:
> Fair enough. I don't really have an issue with the idea, could be
> quite handy.
>
> I can just imagine them saying no :) so thought I would question
> it as a move/idea.

Look what I found! Check out the fifth point, labeled #1, top-most
annoyance with Python, in

  http://jacobian.org/writing/hate-python/

I think this is strong leverage. ;)

> Also, might be a good idea to wait until 1.1 is out the door so
> they have time to consider it properly...

I couldn't resist the blog comment, but this is good advice.

Thanks,

"my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better,
 they don't know anything at all."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net