From: dmarc [mailto:dmarc-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Shoko YONEZAWA
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:38 PM
To: dmarc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] [Request] Presentation in IETF101

My opinion is that there seems no trouble in the case that the receiver issues
dmarc=pass to the mail, whose domain has no DMARC record, and which is
determined dmarc=pass even if DMARC record exists.

In such case, dmarc=pass will be issued for any DMARC record where "strict"
decision policy is set.

Shoko

On 2018/04/18 0:59, Dave Crocker wrote:
> +1, for all of the below.
>

> d/
>
> On 4/17/2018 8:41 AM, Steve Atkins wrote:
>>
>>> On Apr 16, 2018, at 11:07 PM, Kazunori ANDO <a...@bbsec.co.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think "virtual DMARC" is out of DMARC scope, because it's a purely
>>> internal policy decision.
>>
>> +1 for the (not entirely unreasonable, but entirely internal)
>> algorithm used, -1 for the terminology.
>>
>> Where it's in scope is that it's using the term DMARC for something
>> that is really not DMARC and as part of that it seems to suggest
>> squatting on the dmarc= namespace in Authentication-Results.
>>
>> On 2018/03/20 6:17, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>> Fundamentally, both SPF "Best Guess" and "Virtual DMARC" destroy the
>>> opt-in nature of SPF and DMARC and should be considered harmful.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Again, please don't do this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    Steve